Thursday 13 March 2014

My Love of Purple

When I was younger if anyone asked me what my favourite colour was, my instant response would always have been purple. As I grew up I grew out of my love of purple and the colour of my bedroom changed from lilac to teal.

Even now my bedroom at home and university (and even my laptop) is teal, though the past few months I have been rediscovering my love of purple. 

It all started a few months back when I found this beautiful blouse for £4 in a vintage shop. 

 It's actually 2/3 sizes too big for me, but I like how baggy it is and it can be worn over leggins or tucked into a skirt. 

Over the winter months I was enjoying using this lipstick from Illamasqua. It looks terrifying in the bullet but it comes out in a beautiful dark purple that is very wearable. 




As you can see it's not that scary. Lovely classy photo in Glam toilets here. 

From there this Christmas I received a Christmas jumper that was purple and a purple eyeshadow pallet. I think my mother had cottoned onto my new colour obsession. 


The eyeshadow pallet is the NARS Fairy's Kiss pallet. It has six shades, one black and two neautrally kind of shades. There is then a lilac, a purply grey colour and a dark purple. I've really enjoyed experimenting with the mixture of colours and as you can see it gets good use. 

As we're finally beginning to move into spring I am moving away from purple and into lilac. The other day on a trip into town, where I naturally ended up in Boots, I took advantage of the 3 for 2 on makeup offer and picked up this Essie Polish.



It's called Play Date and it's a lovely lilacy purple, perfect for this transitional weather we're having. 

As well as the NARS pallet, I have a very pretty MAC lilacy purple shade, not too dissimilar to the Essie Play Date colour. I bought this at some point last year and I'm not sure I've ever actually used it. Needless to say my 'colours quad' is unfortunately the one that gets the least use out of my MAC pallets, but I do try and be brave with them, and they just look so pretty! 



Searching through the archives I also came across this picture on my Instagram from last May. 


This is Illamasqua Velocity and is a slightly darker purple than the Essie nail polish. As we move more into spring I intend to invest in a pastel lilac nail colour to add to my ever growing collection of purple beauty products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment