Tuesday 18 March 2014

NARS Larger Than Life Eye Pencil

As I'm sure you're all fully aware by now, I love anything brought out by NARS. I would definitely go as far as to say they're my favourite makeup brand, though they may not have the biggest representation in my collection, they're are my favourite pieces (apart from the extra special YSL Chanel treats).

So anyway, last summer when out shopping in Liverpool with my mother (she features a lot on here doesn't she) we spotted a couple of eyeliners on the NARS counter of John Lewis and after much humming and haring we came to the decision I would pick one out to go in my stocking for Christmas. 

The one I picked was a gorgeous turquoise colur called Abbey Road which I've mentioned before as a favourite of mine for night out makeup. I particularly like the combination of MAC Woodwinked eyeshadow all over the lid and slightly lining the lower lash line and then using this in the waterline and the tight line. 


Now these eye pencils have not been without their dramas. First of all was the devastation that I had to wait until Christmas for my first. Secondly, and rather more embarrassingly, the first ever night I wore this, I lost it. I wore it on a night out and decided to take it out with me incase I needed to top up, unfortunately when I stumbled through the door at 3am my eyeliner was no longer with me (though of course I didn't notice until the morning after). 

The worst part was breaking the news to my mother who was almost as devastated as I was, though I told her I would replace it out of my own money and I have not looked back. In fact the last four times I have been out I have used the eye look described above. 

Now going back all of those months to where we first spotted it in Liverpool, it was a toss up between Abbey Road and Barrow Street which is a pretty pale mint green. After I had been reunited with my beloved Abbey Road and the weather started to improve I decided that next occasion that seemed worthy I would treat myself to Barrow Street for the upcoming spring and summer months. Such an occasion presented itself a couple of weeks ago when I had a job interview in London, after the nerve wracking interview I decided to pop into the Space NK I knew to be just down the road from the building and buy myself the eyeliner as a treat. 

Absolutely buzzing from my interview and pleased with my purchase I practically skipped back to the station with my little Space NK bag in tow ready to tell everyone in Cardiff about my day out in the city. This is when the second disaster struck. So keen was I to get off the train to go and see the rugby boys performing a dance my friends had choreographed for them in AU's Got Talent (don't ask) and so distracted by a certain Cardiff Blues rugby player allowing me to walk down the aisle of the train first (Rhys Patchell if you're reading, remember me?) that I left my little Space NK bag under my chair. 

As soon as I realised what I'd done I was out of the station and I knew that the train would be well on it's way to Swansea. After chatting with some useful, if not sceptical, guards I was reassured that if my bag was found they'd ring me and allow me to pick it up from Cardiff Central. Devastatingly when they rung me back it was not good news.

After informing my mum of my latest disaster with a NARS eyeliner she quickly became the best mother in the world by ordering me a replacement. Little did the two of us know how awkward Space NK's delivery service would be. Long story short it finally got delivered today (after a week and a half and after I'd spotted said eyeliner at the NARS counter in town) but all those facts aside, these two pencils have now been massively promoted to some of my most prized possessions and I have promised to chain them to my dresser. 

This is the box it came in?!

There was so much stuffing in it I thought at one point that the eyeliner wasn't even in there. 

But inside it was, along with a sample of a cleansing oil. 

The long awaited Barrow Road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment