Wednesday 23 July 2014

Evening Skincare Routine

Tonight I'm going to talk you through the junk I slap on my face before bed each night. Now that was written very lightheartedly because as all makeup lovers know the secret to good makeup is good skin and good skin comes from good skincare so it is important to keep on top of.

My skin has improved dramatically over the past six months from the point where I didn't even like my housemates seeing me without my makeup to where I feel comfortable enough to walk to the park (and even popped into the shopping centre by it) with absolutely nothing on my face. I think that this is due to a number of reasons, but good and consistent skincare is definitely a factor in this. 
This is what my evening skincare looks like at the moment. 


First things first, almost as soon as I get in, unless I have to go back out, I take my makeup off. For that I use two cotton pads, one for each eye, and one large one for the rest of my face with a squirt of Bioderma on which I've previously raved about here

Before bed I tie my hair back with a novelty hairband, these two are my favourites. 


Remember these? I could never find things with my name on as a child so having a headband with it on obviously warranted keeping. 


This almost looks like I have a skin irritation and am applying cream for that. I promise it is just moisturiser but the important point is that my headband has the Powerpuff Girls on it! Serious points for anyone who remembers and can still name the Powerpuff Girls and their monkey evil arch nemesis. 

That was completely off on a tangent, back to the skincare. For cleanser and toner I (and my bank balence) have been enjoying keeping it simple so I use Botanics cleanser and Boots Tea Tree & Whitchazel toner. The next step is the most pricey and the one I need to replace but am not looking forward to the investment. It is the Estée Lauder Advance Night Repair serum and I absolutely ruddy love this stuff. It is horribly expensive and I think is the most expensive beauty thing I own (outside of hair appliances) but everyone says that they really notice the difference when they stop using it so I haven't figured out yet whether or not I'm going to take the risk of seeing if this is true of me as well or if I'll just take the plunge and repurchase it. Next is another simple (and much cheaper) item which is my moisturiser, it is just Number 7's night cream in the formulae for combination to oily. I then use an eye cream, I've not found any that I believe to be miracle workers so at the moment I'm just working my way through testers I've revived over the years. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Finally I have been using Bio Oil on the very bad area of scarring on the right hand side of my face. Again I'm not pinning the improvement down to one thing, but I definitely think the Bio Oil has played it's part in contributing to my better complexion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment