Sunday 20 July 2014

Westfield: A Review

Even before I moved down here I liked to think of myself as experienced when it came to the London shopping scene. However I have a confession to make, I have never been to either Westfield. Shocking I know, but today I decided to go and see what all of the fuss was about and went to the one at Shepherds Bush.

To begin with my outfit was very casual, I spent all day yesterday dressed up and in slightly uncomfortable shoes and so I decided for just a trip to a shopping centre I couldn't be bothered to dress up. Very out if character for me I know. 


I wore floral print baggy trousers from Zara, a white vest top from Laura Ashley, a denim shirt from M&S and Animal flip flops with Topshop sunglasses and a pale blue handbag from TK Maxx. 

Next onto the actual shopping. I'm not sure if I just wasn't in the right frame of mind or if I chose to go at the wrong time of year, but I just couldn't find anything I was looking for. I had forgotten that it is near on impossible to buy sandals in July because the shops have now started stocking the autumn collection! 

Though this does mean that there are sales on and this is where my day has been successful. 


I bought this adorable bag from Fossil. It was in the sale reduced from £109 to £55. I've been looking for a small summer bag for a long time now and this one is surprisingly spacious with pockets for phone keys and oyster on the inside and a secret zip pocket on the back. So although it is meant to be for days where I don't need to carry around my massive Mulberry or my other huge handbags, it will fit a lot in. 

Though saying that my purse is too big and bulky to go in this bag. 


So I went to Aspinals where I found this beautiful seaude purse. Though it was described as a cosmetics pouch I'm going to use it for cash change and essential cards with the Fossil bag. It was reduced from £59 to £29.50 and had an extra 10% off so it came in at £26.55.


Finally something I had actually been looking for. When I was on the tube this morning I noticed that my beloved Animal flip flops had gone through the sole. Disappointly there was no Animal or any other kind of surf shop there (or not that I could find anyway) but I did stumble across these in Fat Face. They were £15 but with 10% student discount came in at £13.50 and the more I look at them the more I like them actually, though I am still on the hunt for sandals and flip flops. If anyone knows of anywhere still stocking nice ones, and not just the crappy end of season ones, in July let me know. 

Anyway slightly disappointed with what I had hoped was going to be a big day of big spending I made my way home only to pop into Sport Direct (glamorous I know). I need a new water bottle and shorts for the gym and again I'm not sure if I was being daft but Westfield just didn't seem to have that. Fortunately the Sport Direct near mine did and I picked these up. 


Nothing too exciting. The shorts are essential for exercise in this weather and we're £6 and the water bottle was the only one in a nice colour way and was £5. Good old Sport Direct. 

So after having felt I had spent lots of money but achieved nothing whatsoever I was about to go home when I walked past a nail bar and knew exactly what to do to cheer myself up.


I got bright orange shellacs and I can't stop looking at my fingers and smiling. 

All in all I was disappointed with Westfield today, but I'm willing to give it another go at a different time of year and I am also prepared to try the bigger one at Stratford to see how that compares. The things I do for research eh. 

1 comment: